Dear Faithful of St. Sava Orthodox Parish,
Christ is Risen!
I am encouraged to let you know that Archbishop Alexander has given us a new directive. Along with our skeleton crew of servers, 21 additional people will be allowed to attend the Divine Liturgy. It is my hope that in offering three Divine Liturgies each week, we will be able to accommodate the majority of our parish in three weeks. At the archbishop's direction, in- person confessions may also resume in the church at this time.
We will use Sign Up Genius to organize attendance for the services. You may sign up for one service. Because I am trying to give as many opportunities as possible for people to worship, please only sign up for Sunday if that is the only day you can come to Liturgy. If you are able to attend on Thursday or Saturday, please do so. Please remember that each person in your family takes up an appointed spot, so please sign up for every single person coming to Liturgy. It is extremely important that you are on time to the service as we must personally account for every person who attends. If you sign up but cannot attend, please remove your name to give another person a chance to sign up.
Restrictions and Requirements for Divine Liturgy Attendance
- If you have symptoms of COVID-19 or any illness, please do not attend.
- Health care workers who are caring for COVID-19 patients must stay home; however, their families may attend.
- If you have been to another Church service elsewhere or a large gathering in the last two weeks, you may not attend for 14 days from that date.
- Those who have been exposed to or who are caring for those with COVID-19 should remain home.
- The elderly whose health is frail, or those with underlying medical conditions that put them at risk should remain home.
- You must sign up for the Liturgy in advance. Those who arrive without signing up in advance will not be admitted.
- Everyone is allowed to sign up for confession. There are no restrictions. Please see sign up for further details regarding confession.
Upon Entering the Church
- All in attendance must wear cloth masks or face coverings. Please bring your own mask from home. Children under eight years old do not need to wear a mask.
- Use the hand sanitizer provided at the entrance before entering the nave.
- Please do not kiss or touch icons, holy objects, or the priest's hand.
- Please stay in your designated area, maintaining six feet of space between you and non- family members, including when coming forward for Communion.
- You must depart promptly at the dismissal of the service, not remaining to visit with anyone or taking children to the playground.
Fr. Photius Avant
Join the Friends List
If you would like to stay informed of service changes and happenings within the parish, please join the St. Sava Friends List. The Friends list exists to help our parishioners stay in touch with one another.
Subscribing to Friends
Subscribe to Friends by filling out the following form. This is a private list, which means your name and email address is not visible to others.